London, UK, 17th February 2009 — The Poker Channel (http://www.thepokerchanneleurope.com/), Europe’s largest dedicated gaming TV network, has today announced the launch of its live stream offering online at www.pokerchanneleurope.com/pokertv.
an extensive on demand video catalogue, the Channel will offer viewers
the opportunity to watch the channel live every night from 9.30pm to
4am GMT. The online stream will broadcast the same schedule as The
Poker Channel on Sky Channel 166 and is completely free to all visitors.
highlights include major international tournaments such as the World
Series of Poker, the Cash Game Master Class, European Cash Game, Aussie
Millions, the World Heads-up Championship along with exclusive
promotions and competitions.
The entire Cash Game Master Class
Series — the first ‘how to’ series of its kind on cash game strategy
– will also be available on demand at www.pokerchanneleurope.com/masterclass.
The first episode is available online now, and the second episode premieres online on Saturday 21st February.
series features expert insight from poker professionals Eric Liu and
Albert Iverson, hosted by David Tuckman, and includes in-depth analysis
of key decisions from the PokerHeaven European Cash Game.
of other poker videos are also available on demand including the entire
series of the PokerHeaven European Cash Game (7 x 60’), a high stakes
game featuring celebrated poker pros such as World Series of Poker
winner, Peter Eastgate.
Chris White, Commercial Director,
Poker Channel said “We are delighted to share more top poker
entertainment with millions of viewers around the world and committed
to offering free and easy access whether on TV or online.”
Media Enquiries Only
About The Poker Channel:
Poker Channel is Europe’s largest dedicated gaming TV network and
broadcasts to more than 16 million cable TV homes in 17 countries. At
www.pokerchanneleurope.com, gaming fans all over the world can also
watch hundreds of videos on demand, access exclusive site promotions,
features, and video news, and watch a live stream of the channel
between 2130 and 0400 GMT every night.
The Poker Channel
launched in March 2005 and now owns Europe’s largest library of poker
programming with more than 600 hours of premium content including the
World Series of Poker, the World Poker Tour and other major
tournaments, instructional shows, news, documentaries and top player
profiles. The Channel attracts close to one million unique TV viewers
per month, with 65% of its TV viewers playing online every day.
Media Group, parent company to The Poker Channel, has announced results
for the year ended 31st October 2008. The Group doubled its TV
advertising revenues, and achieved a 57% increase in Group revenues
overall taking into account casino, bingo and TV advertising. Profit
before Tax has also grown by four times to £1 million.
Watch the Poker Channel on TV:
• In the UK and Ireland on Sky Channel 166 and Freesat 406 from 9.30pm to 4am
• In France on Noos, Numericable, Free (Channels 48, 95 and 145) and Orange
• In Germany on Kabel Deutschland, KBW, Unity Media, NetCologne, NetMartens
• In Belgium on BeTV and Numericable(Channel 168)
• In Luxembourg on Numericable (Channel 168)
• In Netherlands on UPC Digital (Channel 127) and KPN (Channel 316)
• In Finland, on Welho (Channel 212) and Canal Digital (Channel 94)
• In Norway, Sweden and Denmark on Canal Digital (Channel 94)
• In Iceland on Skjarinn
• In Spain on Imagenio (Channel 98)
• In Malta on MelitaCable (Channel 209)
• In Switzerland on Zattoo
• In Greece on OnTelecom
• In Poland on Vectra
• Pan-Europe: at 1° West with set top box tuned to 11.229 GHZ Horizontal