October 9, 2009 (PAP PR Wire) – The Poker Channel, Europe’s largest gaming TV network, announces a new distribution agreement in France today with Neufbox TV, the popular TV service from SFR, the second largest telecoms company in Europe. The Poker Channel will be available 24 hours a day to all SFR’s TV subscribers from today on Channel 199.
The Poker Channel is already available on TV in France to the customers of Free and Numericable. Following the agreement with SFR, the Poker Channel is now available to more than 18 million TV homes.
Today also sees the exclusive world premiere of the PokerHeaven European Cash Game Season 2, where some of Europe’s best and emerging talent competes with a minimum chip stack of €10,000. It features world-class players from 10 countries including two successful French players, Bruno Fitoussi (France’s 3rd highest-ranking player by earnings) and Francois Balmigere (who took home over $350,000 in 25th place at this year’s WSOP).
The 7 episodes of the European Cash Game 2 will premiere exclusively on The Poker Channel every Friday at 2200 CET, to over 18 million TV homes in 20 countries.
Each episode will also be available on www.pokerchanneleurope.com/ecg a day after the TV broadcast.
Other programming featured this Autumn includes the World Series of Poker, European Poker Tour, World Series of Poker Europe, and the World Poker Tour.
About Poker Channel:
· The Poker Channel is Europe’s largest dedicated gaming TV network
· Broadcasts on TV to over 18 million cable and satellite homes in 20 countries*
· Broadcasts online to a global audience at www.pokerchanneleurope.com/pokertv
· Launched in 2005 and now airs the world’s largest collection of poker TV shows
· TV schedule includes major events such as the WSOP, WPT and EPT; instructional shows; poker strategy series; daily news, results and player interviews
· Attracts over 1 million unique TV viewers a month. 65% of viewers play online every day
*Watch the Poker Channel on TV:
· In the UK and Ireland on Sky (Channel 166) and Freesat (406) from 10pm to 2am
· In France on SFR/ Neufbox TV (199), Noos, Numericable and Free (48, 91 and 145)
· In Germany on Kabel Deutschland, KBW, Unity Media, Kabelkiosk, NetCologne, NetMartens
· In Belgium on BeTV and Numericable (187)
· In Netherlands on UPC Digital (127) and KPN (316)
· In Portugal on Meo (77), Zon (77), Clix (100) and Cabovisao
· In Spain on Imagenio (98)
· In Finland, on Welho (302) and Canal Digital (94)
· In Norway, Sweden and Denmark on Canal Digital (94)
· In Luxembourg on Numericable (187)
· In Poland on Vectra and UPC
· In Croatia on Bnet
· In Slovenia on SiOL
· In Hungary on Szarvasi, Fibrenet, Net TV
· In Iceland on Skjarinn
· In Malta on MelitaCable (209)
· In Greece on OnTelecom
· Watch the Poker Channel online in ALL countries at www.pokerchanneleurope.com/pokertv