September 15, 2009 (PAP PR Wire) – Despite being billed ‘a fish’ by other players, it was Sammy George who won series 2 of the PokerHeaven.com European Cash Game after joining the table late in the day. He managed to outplay some of the most respected players in the game, and reverse the pain of his early exit and heavy losses in last year’s event.
The game saw some of Europe’s best and emerging talent compete with a minimum chip stack of €10,000. Early on it was former champion Eric Liu and Andy Black whose battles dominated the table, but it was Sammy George who triumphed in the end.
10 countries were represented, and 11 players joined the table over the course of 12 hours at the Hospital Studios in Central London: Ricardo Sousa, Bruno Fitoussi, Andy Black, Leo Margets, Eric Liu, Francois Balmigere, Andrew Feldman, Sammy George, Simon Munz, Andreas Hoivold, and Jens Kyllonen. For the 8 players at the table at the end of the night, the final standings were:
Sammy George €44,075 (€+24,075)
Sion Munz €22,550 (€+12,550)
Andy Black €21,275 (€+11,275)
Jens Kyllonen €20,725 (€+10,725)
Francois Balmigere €11,275 (€-3,775)
Andrew Feldman €23,100 (€-6,900)
Eric Liu €22,575 (€-17,425)
Ricardo Sousa €6,950 (€-23,050)
Leo Margets left the table earlier in the evening, in profit, garnering praise for some well-timed play, while Bruno Fitoussi and Andreas Hoivold posted losses.
7 x 1 hour TV episodes will premiere exclusively on The Poker Channel every Friday at 2200 CET from 9 October, to over 17m TV homes in 20 countries. Full broadcast details, player interviews and TV previews are available at www.pokerchanneleurope.com/ecg.
Each episode will also be available in full on pokerchanneleurope.com a day after the TV broadcast.
The Pokerheaven European Cash Game Series 1 line-up included WSOP 2008 winner, Peter Eastgate, Andy Black, Neil Channing and Cardrunners instructor, Eric Liu, the eventual winner of the event. Series 1 has been broadcast in over 40 countries, in multiple languages, and reached over 100m TV homes in Europe. The Producer of series 1 and series 2 is Emblaze Productions, whose credits include The Million Dollar Cash Game and The Million Pound Challenge.
About The Poker Channel
· The Poker Channel is Europe’s largest dedicated gaming TV network
· Broadcasts on TV to over 17 million cable and satellite homes in 20 countries*
· Broadcasts online to a global audience at www.pokerchanneleurope.com/pokertv
· Launched in 2005 and now airs the world’s largest collection of poker TV shows
· TV schedule includes major events including the WSOP, WPT and EPT; instructional shows; poker strategy series; tournament news, results and interviews
· Attracts over 1 million unique TV viewers a month. 65% of viewers play online every day
*Watch the Poker Channel on TV:
· In the UK and Ireland on Sky (Channel 166) and Freesat (406) from 930pm to 4am
· In France on Noos, Numericable and Free (Channels 48, 91 and 145)
· In Germany on Kabel Deutschland, KBW, Unity Media, Kabelkiosk, NetCologne, NetMartens
· In Belgium on BeTV and Numericable (Channel 187)
· In Netherlands on UPC Digital (Channel 127) and KPN (Channel 316)
· In Portugal on Meo (Channel 77), Zon (Channel 77), Clix (Channel 100) and Cabovisao
· In Spain on Imagenio (Channel 98)
· In Finland, on Welho (Channel 302) and Canal Digital (Channel 94)
· In Norway, Sweden and Denmark on Canal Digital (Channel 94)
· In Luxembourg on Numericable (Channel 187)
· In Poland on Vectra and UPC
· In Croatia on Bnet
· In Slovenia on SiOL
· In Hungary on Szarvasi, Fibrenet, Net TV
· In Iceland on Skjarinn
· In Malta on MelitaCable (Channel 209)
· In Greece on OnTelecom